It is highly essential for every kid to know survival skills in the water and the way to swim. However, swimming classes for kids cannot eliminate the risk of drowning, but it helps the kid to be safe around water and prevent getting into tragic water accidents. Leaning swimming is of great importance for kids over age 1. There are a lot of places for your kid to get swimming class kl as it is basic for every kid.
In this article, here is a guide for every age swimming lessons for kids alongside letting you know what you should look and expect from the classes.
Baby Swim Lessons:
Infant swimming programs are enjoyable for both parents and babies. However, AAP does not recommend swim lessons for babies below age 1 because they do not have the basic breathing skills developed yet that are required for swimming. This means that they are not able to swim independently.
Up till now, there is no evidence showing that infant swim classes have reduced the risk of drowning. Moreover, there is no substitute for parent’s supervision around the water for their little baby. It is not ideal to allow the baby to get into an opportunity to drown in the water.
However, it is healthy for you to take your infant into the pool but make sure to do potential cautions. These are the things to look for in an infant aquatic program;
- Let you observe the teaching style
- No forceful atmosphere for the kid
- Maintain clean pool with proper temperature
- Small class size with fewer participants
Toddler Swim Lessons:
Most toddlers and young kids are not read for learning complex swimming strokes. However, AAP recommends swimming classes for kids above 1 till 4. There are certain studies that show that swimming lessons can reduce the drowning rate among toddlers.
These are the things you should look for swimming classes for kids below 4;
- The classes should include parents and kids for parents satisfaction
- Classes should build swim readiness skills.
- There should be certain games to make the kid stick to water and learn swimming
- The environment should not be forced to make the kid learn swimming as it will become frustrating.
- There must be a proper trainer.
Swimming Lessons for Kids:
Most of the kids are ready for formal swim lessons when they are 4 years old or younger. Most of the kids of this age can coordinate their movements for swimming strokes and kicking their feet. These are the key skills required for swimming. AAP stresses that swimming lessons are important for all children ages 4 and above to let them know safety skills for water.
These are the things you need to check on kids swimming classes program;
- The program should have a certified safety instructor.
- It would be ideal if the program is progressive, allowing your kid to advance to a new level every time he masters a new skill.
- Observe one or two classes before making a final commitment to admit your kid.
- The program should provide your kid with games and instructions that keep the classes fun.
- There should be proper protection via a secure fence around the pool.
Learning to swim is quite an essential life skill that you must commit to teaching your kid. Moreover, swimming is one of the best exercises and can become a lifetime sport even if your kid ages. If you observe that your child really seems to love swimming, you can step up by making him join a swim club or competitive swim team in your area. There are many swimming classes KL to make your kid learn swimming.