Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- All swimming lessons and instructions by Swim Life Academy (M) Sdn Bhd (Hereinafter referred to as “Swim Life”) shall be provided subject to the terms and conditions set out herein.
- By signing below, you are deemed to represent to Swim Life that you have full legal capacity to execute this contract whether for yourself or on behalf of your child/ward; and that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions set out herein.
Registration, Fees and Payment
- The swimming lessons will only be confirmed, upon the agreed terms and conditions, completion of registration form and payment submission.
- The pre-agreed time slot will be opened to other students, if there is no confirmation (registration and payment submitted) on the swimming classes as the time slot is on a first come first serve basis.
- All fees must be paid in full by the stipulated date and before the student starts the first lesson. Partial payments or any deposit will not be accepted.
- Fees paid are not refundable should the student fail to attend or withdraw from the lesson registered. Fees paid are not transferable or refundable if the student decides to sign up for another lesson type.
- Students are not allowed to transfer any remainder or balance lessons to other persons or to other lesson types.
General Lesson Policy (Private and Group Classes)
- Students are not allowed to put on hold or freeze any lessons outside of the conditions stated in the Freeze Class Policy. Students wishing to do so on medical grounds must submit to Swim Life a written request to do so together with a medical report issued by hospitals or doctors confirming that the student concerned is unable to swim for an extended period of time. Swim Life is not obligated to approve the request and it shall have full discretion whether or not to approve or reject the request.
- No classes or lessons will be conducted on government gazetted public holidays. Affected classes/lessons will be replaced either at the same time and day the following week OR on such time and day as Swim Life shall determine.
- Swim Life shall have full discretion to assign any instructors it deems fit to conduct any classes.
- Students wishing to renew their existing lessons must inform Swim Life of their intention to do so and to pay the relevant fees in full, within 7 days starting from the last class of their existing lessons in order to secure their existing time slot for their lessons.
- Swim Life does not guarantee the ability of any student to successfully learn swimming if the student does not follow the instruction given by Swim Life’s instructors and/or the student has inconsistent attendance.
- Parents accompanying students for lessons should not pass comments of or to students when lessons are on-going to avoid distracting their focus.
- If the pool is closed due to rain, or temporal closure due to water safety, students shall be given an extra 1 consecutive week(s) from the expiry of the original validity period as replacement. This only applies if the pool is closed before the lesson commences or within the first 10 minutes after the lesson started.
- If the aforementioned situations (rain and temporal closure) happen after the first 10 minutes, replacement(s) for the remaining class duration will be given by adding an extra 10 minutes of every lesson of the consecutive weeks. However, for those who do not wish to continue the lesson cycle and there are remaining class duration which is yet to be replaced, the replacement will be deemed forfeited.
(a) Group Classes
- Group classes are on credit basis and lessons shall be conducted once a week only.
- Class Validity:
Package 1 (4 Lessons)
(i) All group lessons consist of 4 lessons in (1) cycle and each cycle will be given (1) extra week validity. The 4 lessons credit for Group Classes must be completed within 4 consecutive weeks (excluding public holiday).
(ii) Students in Group Classes who are unable to attend lessons for any reasons including any medical reasons shall be allowed to use the extra (1) consecutive week given from the expiry of the original consecutive weeks, to complete their 4 lessons. Thereafter, there shall be NO FURTHER EXTENSION. (Exception only to those who could provide a Medical Certificate).
Package 2 (12 Lessons)
(i) This group lessons consist of 12 lessons in (1) cycle and each cycle will be given (2) extra week validity. The 12 lessons credit for Group Classes must be completed within 12 consecutive weeks (excluding public holiday).
(ii) Students in Group Classes who are unable to attend lessons for any reasons including any medical reasons shall be allowed to use the extra (2) consecutive week given from the expiry of the original consecutive weeks, to complete their 12 lessons. Thereafter, there shall be NO FURTHER EXTENSION. (Exception only to those who could provide a Medical Certificate).
Package 3 (24 Lessons)
(i) This group lessons consist of 24 lessons in (1) cycle and each cycle will be given (4) extra week validity. The 24 lessons credit for Group Classes must be completed within 24 consecutive weeks (excluding public holiday).
(ii) Students in Group Classes who are unable to attend lessons for any reasons including any medical reasons shall be allowed to use the extra (4) consecutive week given from the expiry of the original consecutive weeks, to complete their 24 lessons. Thereafter, there shall be NO FURTHER EXTENSION. (Exception only to those who could provide a Medical Certificate).
- Students are generally grouped according to their age and learning progress. Swim Life shall be entitled to assign or transfer a student to a different group, different class type and/or class on a different time slot, after considering the student’s age and/or learning progress.
- If the regular instructor assigned is unable to conduct the class, Swim Life shall be entitled to assign a relief instructor to take over and conduct the class. Students are not permitted to choose instructors or to opt out of classes merely because the class is conducted by a relief instructor.
- Swim Life reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule all classes in the event of any unforeseen situations, the occurrence of any medical situations or contagious diseases and/or when a relief instructor is not available.
- Students must be punctual in attending classes. No replacement classes will be given if students are late or refuse to enter the pool for lessons.
- Temporary, occasional, or last minute requests for change of student’s class time slot will not be entertained or permitted. If students wish to permanently change the time slot of their class, they may submit a written request to do so to Swim Life. However, Swim Life is not obliged to approve the request and it shall have full discretion whether or not to approve the request after considering amongst others, available time slots.
- All students must wear proper swimming attire and maintain appropriate standards of hygiene.
(b) Private Classes
- Private classes are on credit basis (4 lessons credit or 12 lessons credit).
- Class Validity:
(i) All Private Classes consist of:
- 4 lessons + (2) extra week validity
- 12 lessons + (4) extra week validity
(ii) The 4 lessons credit for Private Classes must be completed within 4 consecutive weeks and the 12 lessons credit must be completed within 12 consecutive weeks (excluding public holidays).
(iii) Students in Private Classes who are unable to attend lessons for any reasons including any medical reasons shall be allowed to use the extra (2) or (4) consecutive weeks given from the expiry of the original 4 or 12 consecutive weeks, to complete their 4 or 12 lessons credit respectively. Thereafter, there shall be NO FURTHER EXTENSION. (Exception only to those who could provide a Medical Certificate)
- For Private Classes, if you wish to cancel any lessons, you must notify the instructor of the cancellation directly, no later than 2 hours before the scheduled lesson commences. Otherwise, the said lesson will be deemed to have been conducted and delivered.
- Lessons for Private Classes with more than one student shall also be deemed to have been conducted and delivered even if one or more students of the class is absent, as long as one of the students is present.
Class Freeze Policy
- Students are allowed to freeze their lesson for any reason(s). For example, going on a trip for more than (1) week, and/or not being able to participate in sport activities due to prolonged medical reason(s).
- Class Freeze is ONLY applicable for (1) time, per calendar year, NO additional class freeze is provided thereafter
- (a) Group Classes
- All Group Classes students are given the privilege of minimum (2) weeks and maximum (4) weeks freeze duration for their existing lesson balance. The freeze period has to be consecutive weeks.
(b) Private Classes at Centre and Door-To-Door (D2D)
- All Private Classes students are given the privilege of minimum (4) weeks and maximum (8) weeks freeze duration for their existing lesson balance. The freeze period has to be consecutive weeks.
- Class freeze will only be applicable when there are lessons balance leftover, OR purchase of new lessons.
- Freeze within the paid lesson cycle (With leftover lessons balance), the extra week(s) given within the validity period will be VOID.
- Freeze right after the paid lesson cycle (With new purchase of lesson), the extra week(s) given within the validity period will still be applicable.
(a) To continue the swimming lesson without disruption, all students are to submit the payment within the 7 days after finishing each lesson cycle, or after each lesson cycle validity is over. Immediately after 7 days, the existing lesson slot will be withdrawn, and subject to availability thereafter.
(b) After the class freeze period is utilised completely, students are to attend the lesson right after the stipulated period. The existing lesson slot will be withdrawn, and subject to availability thereafter, if the student does not attend the lesson after the said period.
1. All referral program vouchers are in physical form, and lost vouchers will not be entertained.
2. The reward of a Group Lesson Cycle (4 lessons) is only for children aged 4-12 years old. The terms and conditions for this group lesson are the same as our current package, which can be referred from this link: swimlifeacademy.com/terms.
3. The time slot for the lessons will be subject to the availability of Swim Life Academy (M) Sdn Bhd at that time.
4. When it comes to referrals, each parent shall be considered as one referred customer, irrespective of the number of children associated with them.
Safety & Behaviour
- Students must follow strictly all safety and security regulations stipulated by Swim Life.
- Students must follow the instructions of their instructors. Students must not enter the pool except with permission and under the supervision of their instructor.
- Students must behave appropriately when attending classes.
- Students behaving in a manner deemed disruptive and/or risky by Swim Life’s instructors will be asked to leave the class.
- Students with any form of medical condition affecting their ability to learn to swim and those suffering any contagious diseases or illnesses, must inform Swim Life of the said condition and if requested, must produce medical reports confirming that the student is fit to swim.
- Students who are sick and/or who are suffering from any form of contagious diseases or illnesses, must not attend classes and must declare and notify their condition to Swim Life or their instructors. Nonetheless, affected students must complete all their lessons within the time mentioned under Clause “General Lessons Policy (Private and Group Classes)” above.
- Swim Life reserves the right to turn away any students on medical grounds.
Video and Photography
- Swim Life shall have full rights to take photographs, audio and video recordings of students, classes and related activities and to use, reuse, publish and/or republish the same for training, administrative, marketing and/or promotional purposes. By signing below, you are deemed to have granted and authorised Swim Life full rights to do so.
- Students and/or their parents/guardian must not take photographs, audio and/or video recordings of other students or upload them into social media without the permission of the said students and/or their parents/guardian.
Waiver and Exclusion of Liability
- You acknowledge and agree that despite the best of precautions taken, swimming being a physical activity and especially for learners, carries such risk and hazard that may cause injuries (whether permanent or otherwise) and/or even death.
- By participating in Swim Life’s swimming classes, you are deemed to have voluntarily agreed on behalf of yourself and/or your child, to assume all types of risks, dangers and hazards of injury of any kind (including death) that you or your child may suffer whilst attending swimming classes with Swim Life. You further agree that you shall not hold Swim Life and Swim Life’s shareholders, directors, employees, instructors, agents or representatives, hereafter collectively referred to as “Relevant Persons” and shall exempt and exclude Swim Life and the said Relevant Persons from all responsibility or liability for any personal injury, illness, death, loss and/or damage suffered by yourself and/or your child in the course of attending Swim Life’s swimming classes regardless of who caused the said personal injury, death, loss and/or damage and/or whether the same arose either directly or indirectly from your and/or your child’s attendance and/or participation in Swim Life swimming classes AND you are deemed to further agree to waive all claims whether in law and/or equity that you and/or your child may have against Swim Life and each of the said Relevant Persons for such personal injury, illness, death, loss and/or damage.
Changes and Updates
Swim Life reserves the right to alter, amend or update the terms and conditions stated herein at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice and all such alterations, amendments or updates shall be binding on you and/or your child. In the event of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the terms and conditions stated herein, Swim Life’s decision shall be final and binding.
Malaysian laws shall govern this contract and its interpretation.